Our growing appetite for eating-out experiences in Canberra has given rise to new dining precinct,…
Noir hot chocolate made boozy because, why not?
This recipe is made using my FAVOURITE hot chocolate brand, Grounded Pleasures.
For this recipe, I used one of my favourites, their Noir (dark chocolate) flavour + jazzed it up with a bit of spice, vanilla and a shot of rum (if you feel that way inclined—I highly suggest it).
The chocolate rim is completely optional (although I might warn you, it’s a rather messy exercise, but it sure does look pretty!).
- 2 cups milk of choice
- 2-4 tablespoons Noir drinking chocolate
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Few shaves fresh nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 shot rum (bourbon or whiskey would work too)
- To serve: whipped cream, shaved chocolate
1. Heat milk of choice in a small saucepan on a low heat. Add drinking chocolate and spices whisk vigorously until the chocolate dissolves and has reached the desired temperature. Stir through the vanilla and rum.
2. Pour into a mug, top with whipped cream and a few shaves of chocolate.
For more recipes, check out Canberra-based food and recipe blog, anisasabet.com.au