Pialligo Estate Smokehouse’s acclaimed products will be showcased at the Taste the Craft of Smoking…
The episode of The Simpsons where Lisa becomes a vegetarian is well-known for its catchy conga line song.
But as the number of vegans in Australia alone climbs to almost half a million, more and more people are discovering the downright tasty cruelty-free delights. And, while it’s been stereotyped that all we vegans do is munch sadly on our leafy greens, the first weekend of September is set to change all of that.
This celebration of the plant based lifestyle will give people a chance to try vegan food, drinks and cruelty-free products at discounted prices all across Braddon. More than 80 local businesses will be cutting their prices on vegan items and the event will be taking place around The Cruelty Free Shop franchises across Australia, including Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane.
All down Lonsdale Street, you’ll be able to find a moving feast comprising of 100% vegan products, including:
- $2 Vegan cupcakes at Sweet Bones (pictured)
- A vegan bake sale at the Cruelty Free Shop
- 10% off all meals at Pita Pit Braddon plus get any large vegan falafel or salad and get a free drink
- Free tastings of The Chocolate Yogi
- A vegan takeover at Roleee for both Saturday and Sunday
- A Korean “Han Jung Sik” Vegan Banquet at Layz Su on Monday 4 September (Book now here).
- A Fairlings pop up at The Hamlet
- Up to 40% off at The Cruelty Free Shop
So what are you waiting for? It’s time to win friends with
salad a plant based lifestyle.
What: Vegan Day Out
Where: At the Cruelty Free Shop at 24 Mort Street, Braddon and at businesses along Lonsdale Street, Braddon
When: 9am-6pm Saturday 2 September and 10am-5pm Sunday 3 September
Find more information: Via Facebook
Feature image: Sweet Bones courtesy of The Forage