More than 10,000 music lovers will pitch their picnic rugs on Googong’s Rockley Oval this…
With closed international borders, parents have been getting creative with Australian holidays for the past 15 months
But how about turning to the kids of Australia for advice?
Travel site Wotif has compiled a greatest hits list of 13 experiences to have before you’re 13 from the recommendation of “thousands of Aussie families”.
So which Canberra icon made the list? You’ve probably guessed it already but it’s Questacon, capping off the list at #13.
Where else made the cut?
Well, there are plenty of water-related holiday activities—Wet and Wild on the Gold Coast, swimming with whale sharks in Ningaloo Reef and meeting the dolphins at Monkey Mia—alongside more niche memory-making moments like croc-spotting in Kakadu and sleeping underground in Coober Pedy.
Needless to say, many of the places and activities on the bucket list are beyond many families’ budgets—but for some, they may provide timely inspiration ahead of (what looks to be) another 12 months of border closures.
Wotif Aussie Kids Bucket List
- Tick off the Gold Coast theme parks, QLD
- Snorkel the Great Barrier Reef, QLD
- Learn about Aboriginal culture at Uluru, NT
- See the quokkas on Rottnest Island, WA
- Watch the Little Penguin Parade on Phillip Island, VIC
- Spotting wildlife, waterfalls and crocs in Kakadu, NT
- Discover Australia’s Dinosaur Trail, QLD
- Swim with whale sharks on Ningaloo Reef, WA
- Meet the dolphins at Monkey Mia, WA
- Visit Australia Zoo on the Sunshine Coast, QLD
- Overnight safari at Dubbo’s Taronga Western Plains Zoo, NSW
- Sleep underground in Coober Pedy, SA
- Explore Questacon in Canberra, ACT