If you are a chocoholic, then Lonsdale Street is about to get a whole lots…
This chilli hot chocolate is creamy, rich, velvety and has a subtle spicy kick that you’re going to love.
You won’t believe it’s also completely vegan and refined sugar-free.
What you need
- Medium saucepan
- 2 cups milk (almond, soy or oat would work well)
- 1/2 cup coconut cream (NOT milk)
- 2-3 tablespoons raw cacao
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup (or to taste)
- 25g sugar-free dark chilli chocolate
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch sea salt
- Optional: for an extra kick, add a teeny tiny pinch of red pepper powder
- Bring the milk to the boil in the saucepan.
- Add the coconut cream, raw cacao and maple syrup. Mix until well combined. Stir through the chocolate until fully melted. Add the vanilla extract, salt and pepper powder (if adding) and take off the heat.
- Serve with a dollop of coconut cream + dust with extra cacao.
Hot chocolate is best fresh but will keep in an airtight container for up to two days.
PHOTOGRAPHY + STYLING Anisa Sabet
Love this look? Purchase Anisa’s photography presets at anisasabet.com.au/shop