A little taste of Italy is coming to Canberra Centre, with international Italian chain Vapiano…
Mushrooms sautéed in butter, garlic, thyme and white pepper then topped with gruyere and truffle infused eggs – it’s the perfect gooey home for some fresh crusty bread.
What you need
- Glass jar
- Cast iron skillet
- 1 small black truffle
- Good nob of butter
- 400g mushrooms
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 3 tablespoons pure cream
- 1/2 cup shaved gruyere
- 6 eggs, infused with truffle
- To serve: shaved truffle, fresh crusty bread, butter
- To infuse your eggs: put 6 eggs in a glass jar with the truffle wrapped up in paper towel. Pop into the fridge for at least 24 hours.
- To make the baked eggs: Preheat oven to 200°C.
- In the cast iron skillet, melt the butter and when foaming, add the mushrooms and season with sea salt and freshly grated pepper. Cook until they are soft and tender. Add the garlic,thyme and white pepper for the last 2 minutes. Stir in the cream.
- Sprinkle the gruyere over the mushrooms and crack the infused eggs. Pop into the oven to bake for 10 minutes. You want the whites to be cooked but the yolks still a bit soft.
- Serve with a bit of shaved truffle, fresh crusty bread and some coffee.
For more recipes, check out Canberra based food and recipe blog, The Macadames.