We know – it feels like we just wrote the last list. But since our…
Super buttery garlic chilli prawns topped with charred lime and lots of salt! The perfect dish for easy, elegant entertaining.
For the charred limes:
- 1 lime, halved
- Sea salt
For the prawns:
- 160g butter
- 6 teaspoons minced garlic, or 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 long red chillies, finely chopped
- 1kg uncooked prawns, peeled or unpeeled
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 bunch fresh parlsey, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- Rind from 2 limes
- To serve: fresh bread
1. To char the limes: heat up a skillet or fry pan until very hot. Add the limes cut side down and press down using a spatula or wooden spoon. Cook for 1-2 minutes until charred. Set aside.
2. To make the prawns: In a large wok, melt the butter until bubbling. Add the garlic and chilli and fry until just browned then add the prawns and cook for 1-2 minutes until they turn pink. Take off the heat, add the sea salt, parsley, lime juice and rind.
3. Serve immediately with fresh bread drizzled with the left over sauce.
For more recipes, check out Canberra-based food and recipe blog, The Macadames. Don’t forget to hashtag #cookwiththemacadames when making my recipes. I love to see how you went and get a peek at your kitchen table.