Are you a musician or in a band? The hunt is on for talented local musicians…
It’s gonna be a long, hot summer. Here are 20 ways to stay cool on a hot Canberra weekend.
1. Explore one of the local swimming spots.
2. Cool off from the inside by making your own homemade ice cream.
3. Make a splash at Canberra Aqua Park.
4. Get all nostalgic with Paddle Boats.
5. Get active indoors.
6. Can’t be bothered whipping it up yourself? Check out some of Canberra’s best ice cream parlours.
7. Take a dip in one of Canberra’s pools or waterparks.
9. Quench your thirst with one of these delicious local cocktail creations.
10. Discover a new fave restaurant (we have 50 of them!)
11. Catch a Christmas flick or binge from the couch.
12. Get the kids out of the house—we have 30 places to play indoors, whether they’re toddlers or teens!
13. Or if they’re keen to get some air, head to one of these shady playgrounds.
14. Find a cool, quiet café that’s pram-friendly.
15. Take the doggo for a splash at one of Canberra’s best dog swimming spots.
16. Head to the coast for a beach escape and support the communities who’ve been doing it tough this bushfire season.
17. Curl up with a good book and travel without leaving the comfort of your reading nook.
19. Seek respite from the heat in the beauty of the Australian National Botanic Gardens’ Rainforest Gully.
20. Chill out at Vertikal Indoor Snow at the funky Dairy Road Fyshwick precinct, where you can train for skiing and boarding and get snow fit in a simulated snow terrain (minus the snow!).
Get 122 more ideas on how to spend your summer right here!