We’re throwing Canberra a boozy, delicious Christmas party—and you’re invited. That’s right. We want to…
These date, banana and pecan muffins are a simple and warming treat.
Nutmeg kissed muffins, sweetened with banana and dotted with dates and pecans, they’re a healthy sweet to get through the 3 o’clock slump!
Recipe adapted from here. Don’t forget to hashtag #cookwiththemacadames when making Anisa’s recipes.
What you need
- Medium mixing bowl
- Stand mixer with large bowl
- Muffin tray with muffin patties
- Coconut oil spray
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 2 large bananas, mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 125g pitted dates, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup pecans, roughly chopped
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Spray the muffin tray with coconut oil and put into the fridge. Repeat once.
2. Toss together the flour, baking powder, bi carb soda, nutmeg, coconut sugar and salt in the medium bowl. Using a stand mixer mix the milk, eggs, bananas and vanilla extract. Pour the dry ingredients and mix until smooth. Stir through the dates and pecans.
3. Divide mixture among muffin tray holes and pop into the oven to bake for 20 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the muffin comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes then pop muffins onto a wire rack to cool completely.
4. Serve with butter or mascarpone.
Muffins will keep in an airtight container for up to a week.
For more recipes, check out Canberra based food and recipe blog, The Macadames.