These date, banana and pecan muffins are a simple and warming treat. Nutmeg kissed muffins, sweetened…
Temperatures have already dropped so low that it’s hard to believe it’s only the second day of winter. Brr.
Luckily, this warming, hearty, wholesome soup recipe is here to warm you from the inside out.
With the sweetness of corn and an added kick from Worcestershire sauce, this soup is a great twist on a classic—but still super simple to make.
Ready in 40 minutes (15 minutes to prep ingredients, 25 minutes to cook)
- 1kg peeled and diced pumpkin
- 2 onions thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 ½ cups chicken or veg stock
- 440g can creamed corn
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Salt to taste
- Cream & chives to garnish (optional)
- In a large pot over med-low heat, add butter and onions. Slow fry for 5-8 mins, or until soft but not browned
- Add pumpkin and stock, boil until pumpkin is super soft
- Using a stick blender, blend ingredients until all is pureed
- Add the creamed corn, Worcestershire sauce and salt to taste
- Serve with cream, finely chopped chives and fresh bread