Okay, so I wouldn’t classify the food I normally love to make as strictly, ahem,…
Welcome to our lockdown series, Corona-Time Cocktails—bringing the bar to your place each Friday evening!
While we’ve been getting creative in the kitchen with our Corona-Time Cooking, we’ve been similarly excited about mixing a drink or two to go with our food. That’s why we partnered with our mates at Jim Murphy to create a virtual community cocktail experience—and you’re invited!
We’ll be having Corona-Time Cocktails each Friday night at 7 pm on our Instagram for the next four weeks, so in the spirit (pun intended) of connecting online, consider joining us!
Want to join us? It’s as simple as 1, 2, 3.
- We’ll post a cocktail recipe each week on Wednesday, with all the ingredients and tools you’ll need.
- If you’d like to join us, simply pop onto the Jim Murphy website and order your pack! If you order by midday on Thursday, your ingredients will arrive in time for Friday evening drinks with us—or alternatively you can Click + Collect (contactless, of course) at any time.
- Tune in to HerCanberra’s Instagram stories each Friday evening at 7 pm where we will then take you through the steps to create your own mighty fine alcoholic concoctions while we all cheers each other in the virtual realm. How much better could a Friday get, we ask you?
Here’s what you can look forward to across the series.
- Friday 8 May: The Mumm 75
- Friday 15 May: The Southside
- Friday 22 May: The Old Cuban
- Friday 29 May: The Toreador
The Mumm 75
If this sparkling libation sounds vaguely familiar, it’s probably because this is a twist on a classic French 75—a champagne-based cocktail with a fresh burst of gin, lemon and elderflower.
The perfect bubbly treat for a Friday evening and perfect for raising a glass with mum over FaceTime this Sunday.
This special recipe uses Mumm Cordon Rouge NV, along with a nip of fresh lemon juice to elevate the citrus notes to pair beautifully with the elderflower liqueur. Salut!
- 15ml Beefeater London Dry Gin
- 15ml Elderflower Liqueur
- 15ml fresh Lemon Juice
- 80ml Mumm Cordon Rouge NV
You’ll need a cocktail shaker and a champagne flute to serve.
Tune into our Instagram stories this Friday evening (8 May) from 7 pm to learn how to make your Mumm 75!
Sound good to you? Want to join us?
Simply head to jimmurphy.com.au to order your cocktails pack and get ready to become your home’s coolest mixologist.
Just make sure to get your orders in by midday each Thursday in order to receive your packs via contactless delivery by Friday evening—or Click + Collect any time during business hours.
Please note: there are a limited amount of bundles available each week.
Then, tune in to our Instagram stories at 7 pm on Friday and make a cocktail with us!
Disclaimer: Please drink responsibly. For more information visit drinkwise.org.au