If you’ve ever been to Sweet Bones in Braddon, you’ll immediately understand why I was…
Welcome to our new series, Corona-Time Cocktails—bringing the bar to your place each Friday evening!
While we’ve been getting creative in the kitchen with our Corona-Time Cooking, we’ve been similarly excited about mixing a drink or two to go with our food.
That’s why we partnered with our mates at Jim Murphy to create a virtual community cocktail experience—and you’re invited!
We’ll be having Corona-Time Cocktails each Friday night at 7 pm on our Instagram for the next five weeks, so in the spirit (pun intended) of connecting online, consider joining us! Last week we kicked off with The Breakfast Martini and this Friday, it’s an iconic Espresso Martini.
You’ll also be glad to hear that joining in is as simple as 1, 2, 3.
- We’ll post a cocktail recipe each week on Wednesday, with all the ingredients and tools you’ll need.
- If you’d like to join us, simply pop onto the Jim Murphy website and order your pack! If you order by midday on Thursday, your ingredients will arrive in time for Friday evening drinks with us—or alternatively you can Click and Collect (contactless, of course) at any time.
- Tune in to HerCanberra’s Instagram stories each Friday evening at 7 pm where we will then take you through the steps to create your own mighty fine alcoholic concoctions while we all cheers each other in the virtual realm. How much better could a Friday get, we ask you?
Here’s what you can look forward to across the series.
- Friday 1 May: The Espresso Martini
- Friday 8 May: The Mumm 75
- Friday 15 May: The Southside
- Friday 22 May: The Old Cuban
- Friday 29 May: The Toreador
I’ve always regarded the Espresso Martini as the ‘big gun’ of cocktails—the one you order when you’re in danger of bailing on plans ‘cause you’ve had a huge week or multiple events in one night.
Well, we may not have multiple events per night right now. But it doesn’t mean we’re not having huge days with multiple Zoom calls, kid corralling, cooking, explaining online learning, remote working ourselves and trying to, well, cope in a pandemic.
Personally, I’ve never had more reason for an Espresso Martini.
- 30ml Absolut
- 30ml Kahlua
- 30ml Coffee (Espresso or Coldbrew)
- Coffee beans, to garnish
You’ll also need a cocktail shaker for this one—although, in a pinch, a smoothie shaker could work! Get creative!
Place all ingredients in a cocktail shaker and shake vigorously.
Pour into glass and top with three coffee beans. Enjoy!
Sound good to you? Want to join us?
Simply head to jimmurphy.com.au to order your cocktails pack and get ready to become your home’s coolest mixologist.
Just make sure to get your orders in by midday each Thursday in order to receive your packs via contactless delivery by Friday evening—or Click and Collect any time during business hours. Please note: there are a limited amount of bundles available each week.
Then, tune in to our Instagram stories at 7 pm on Friday and make a cocktail with us!
Disclaimer: Please drink responsibly. For more information visit drinkwise.org.au