Back in the day, wedding presents used to be given to a couple who had…
Ahead of World Mental Health Day on Sunday 10 October, we asked our readers what’s helping them get through lockdown.
It might be walking the dog or eating your favourite snack, but there’s no denying taking a moment for the little things is helping everyone get through an uncertain time where anxiety, panic, depression, anger and confusion reign our emotions.
This year, the theme of World Mental Health Day is mental health care for all. We know mental health issues don’t discriminate so in honour of the international day, the team at HerCanberra decided to focus on the positives and asked our readers to tell us what is helping get them through lockdown.
Here are 20 things Canberrans are grateful for, as voted by you.
- Daily walks.
- Nespresso Machines.
- Takeaway and home delivery from some amazing Canberra restaurants.
- Taking it one day at a time.
- Lighting candles.
- Morning chats with the best team on the planet.
- Studying to stay focused and busy.
- Learning how to moonwalk.
- Online shopping.
- Buying bakery treats.
- The considerate Canberra community.
- Virtual wine tastings and takeaway cocktails!
If you are experiencing emotional distress, personal crisis or just need to talk, Lifeline is available 24/7 on 13 11 14. If it is a life-threatening emergency, call 000.