Do you love whipping up something fresh and tasty in your kitchen? Or do you have…
14 days of lockdown—8+ days of poor at-home workplace set-ups.
Here is our daily reminder—posture, positioning, pausing, moving, repeat.
Each day this week, we are going to give you a workplace routine to adhere to—three exercises, five days a week.
Let’s pause for one minute. Think about your home computer posture set-up:
- Slight tuck of the chin, to activate your deep neck flexors.
- Chin “neutral and in”
- Eyes should be forward—to encourage your neck not to “flex” for a long period of time. Maybe you need to pop a couple of thick books under your computer?
- Sit or stand, with your spine tall and shoulders back and down. Once you are as tall as possible, release by 10%. This is more sustainable for a longer period.
- Hips and knees—approximately 90 degrees bend. Maybe you need a towel behind your pelvis? Or books under your chair?
- Knees directly above your heels.
- Feet should be flat on the floor, with weight distributed evenly.
We have a simple structure for the Workplace Workouts:
Monday: Thoracic (tick!)
Tuesday: Neck (tick!)
Wednesday: Shoulders (today!)
Ok. Here’s today’s workout.
1) Wall press
2) Prone scapular retraction, in Y position
3) Side Plank on knees
Stay home, stay safe.
Love, Rach and Kirra