A little goes a long way for many things in life, and truffles are no…
A subtly spicy, soft and fluffy banana bread that will become your new favourite afternoon treat.
Makes one loaf
- 125g unsalted butter, softened
- 175g dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste/extract
- 2 eggs
- 255g plain flour
- 2 cups mashed banana
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon bicarb soda
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- To serve: mascarpone, maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Grease a small loaf pan with butter/ line the bottom with baking paper.
- Beat the butter, sugar and vanilla in a stand mixer until creamy and pale. Add the eggs one at a time, then banana, flour, baking powder, bicarb soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and maple syrup. Mix until well combined then fold through walnuts.
- Pop into the oven and bake for 60 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. Allow to cool in the tin for 20 minutes then turn onto a wire rack to cool. You might want to grab a slice while still warm and serve with mascarpone and a bit of a drizzle of maple syrup.
Storage: banana bread will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
PHOTOGRAPHY + STYLING Anisa Sabet
Love this look? Purchase Anisa’s photography presets at anisasabet.com.au/shop