“It was really me saying “Oh my god, look at what happens in summer”. We’re…
A warming, moreish curry, this recipe is a firm favourite of the team from Belconnen Markets.
The best part? You can use whatever vegetables you have in your fridge or even swap out the chicken for fish.
Ready in: 30 minutes (10 minutes to prep ingredients, 20 minutes to cook)
- Jasmine rice (to serve)
- 270ml coconut cream
- 400ml coconut milk
- 1 jar red curry paste (195g/6 tablespoons)
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp grated palm sugar (brown sugar can be used as a substitute)
- 400gm skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 handful of sweet Thai basil leaves
- 1 zucchini, cut into rounds
- 1-2 cups of broccoli florets
- 2 cups baby bok choy leaves
Put your rice on to cook as per instructions. Prep all of the veg and chicken, so they’re ready to go.
In a heavy-based frying pan over high heat, add the red curry paste and sugar and cook until all the aromas start to rise from the paste.
Add the chicken pieces directly in the simmering red curry paste, and cook until the chicken is no longer pink. Add the coconut cream and milk and cook until it starts to boil.
Add all veggies and fish sauce. Cook for 5 minutes, or until the veggies turn bright green (and is cooked). Stir through the Thai basil leaves and serve over rice.