The nights are definitely getting cooler, and our family is slowly but surely moving away…
Welcome to Corona-Time Cocktails—bringing the bar to your place each Friday evening!
This week, we’re bringing you a slice of Inner South Canberra’s cocktail scene with a citrus-led cocktail that will bring a bit of bite to your Friday—The Southside.
It feels like an age since we shared a cocktail with friends. That’s why we partnered with our mates at Jim Murphy to create a virtual community cocktail experience—and you’re invited!
We’re having Corona-Time Cocktails each Friday night at 7 pm on our Instagram, so in the spirit (pun intended) of virtual community , consider joining us!
Want to join us? It’s as simple as 1, 2, 3.
- We’ll post a cocktail recipe each week on Wednesday, with all the ingredients and tools you’ll need.
- If you’d like to join us, simply pop onto the Jim Murphy website and order your ingredients—this week, we’ve kept it super simple as all you’ll need is some Beefeater Gin! If you order by midday on Thursday, your ingredients will arrive in time for Friday evening drinks with us—or alternatively you can Click and Collect (contactless, of course) at any time.
- Tune in to HerCanberra’s Instagram stories each Friday evening at 7 pm where we will then take you through the steps to create your own mighty fine concoction while we all cheers each other in the virtual realm. How much better could a Friday get, we ask you?
Here’s what you can look forward to across the series.
- Friday 15 May: The Southside
- Friday 22 May: The Old Cuban
- Friday 29 May: The Toreador
This week, it’s time to get juicy. The deliciously fresh Southside is said to have been created in the Prohibition-era speakeasys of Chicago’s Southside.
Well, it’s a Prohibition of a different kind right now, but at least this time they’re letting us keep the booze. So why not crank up the tunes in your own DIY speakeasy and sling some Southsides with us this Friday?
- 60ml Beefeater Gin
- 30ml Lime Juice
- 15ml Simple syrup (add more or less if you want sweeter or not)
- 6-8 leaves of fresh mint
You’ll need a cocktail shaker, strainer, and a coupe glass to serve.
Tune into our Instagram stories this Friday evening (15 May) from 7 pm to learn how to make your Southside.
Sound good to you? Want to join us?
Simply head to jimmurphy.com.au to order your gin and get ready to become your home’s coolest mixologist.
Make sure to get your order in by midday on Thursday in order to receive your ingredients via contactless delivery by Friday evening—or Click and Collect any time during business hours.
Please note: there are a limited amount of bundles available each week.
Then, tune in to our Instagram stories at 7 pm on Friday and make a cocktail with us!
Disclaimer: Please drink responsibly. For more information visit drinkwise.org.au