At just 25, Laura Peel has accomplished more than many dream of achieving in a…
Your snacking habits have the power to either make or break your weight loss or healthy eating success.
I generally don’t recommend snacking because it’s often associated with bad food habits such as skipping meals and choosing packaged and convenience foods that are high in salt, fat and sugar and low in nutrition.
However, snacking in itself isn’t all bad, so as long as you’re eating properly throughout the day and are organised enough to ensure healthy snacks are on hand.
Here are some healthy snack ideas that are under 200 calories each
- 1 banana
- 20g nuts and 50g dried fruit
- 1 carrot and 2 tbsp hummus
- 1 apple with 30g sliced low-fat cheese
- 2 celery sticks and 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 150-200g yoghurt
- 2 oranges, 1 carrot and 1 cup baby spinach in a blender. Blend well. Drink pulp and all.
- 1 regular skim cappuccino
- 1 small (90g) tin of tuna and 2 vita wheat crackers
- 1 pumpkin and spinach muffin
- 1 punnet blueberries and 4 squares of extra dark chocolate
- 1 quinoa and linseed ball
- 2-3 mandarins
- 75g ricotta cheese and 5-6 strawberries
- 1 cup sugar snap peas
- 10 multi-grain rice crackers with 2 tbsp hummus
- 1 small wholegrain muesli bar
- 1 boiled egg
- 1 tbsp peanut or nut butter on 1 slice grainy bread or toast
- Fruit and vegetable tasting plate
- Small tin of corn kernels, drained and rinsed
- Small tin baked beans in tomato sauce
- Fruit salad (1 cup of melons, berries, cut fruit etc)
- 20g nuts and 4 squares of extra dark chocolate
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 serve sweet potato soup
- 1 pear and 30g goats cheese
Please click HERE for a free printable copy of these snacks over on my website.