Butter fried leek is what makes this salad really special! This salad is a wonderful celebration…
It’s always a tough balance during the winter months to sneak enough veggies into the kind of warm, comforting dishes we crave.
But this simple stir-fry makes it easy. Utilising fresh produce from their wide variety of stores, the team at the Belconnen Markets show us how it’s done—in as little as 20 minutes, too!
Beef and Lemongrass Stir-fry
Ready in: 20 minutes
- 500g beef rump, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 tsp grated ginger
- 2 tsp finely chopped lemongrass (white part only)
- 3 spring onions, cut into 3cm lengths
- 1 large red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 200g green beans, diagonally sliced
- 1 small red chilli, finely chopped (optional)
- 1/4 cup sherry or rice wine
- 1/4 cup kecap manis or soy sauce
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- Rice noodles or steamed rice, to serve
If you’re having rice with this dish, make sure you get that started first!
Heat the wok, drizzle with a little oil and stir-fry the beef in two batches.
Reheat wok, add 1 tbsp oil, 2 tsp each grated ginger and chopped lemongrass, and spring onions. Stir-fry for 1 minute.
Add red capsicum, and red chilli if you choose. Stir-fry for 1 minute more.
Return beef to wok, add ¼ cup each of sherry or rice wine and kecap manis or soy sauce, and 1 fish sauce. Toss to warm through.
Serve with steamed rice or fresh rice noodles.
Where to buy your ingredients
LIQUOR (FOR SHERRY, IF YOU CHOOSE TO USE IT INSTEAD OF RICE WINE)